Etiquette for Children
Looking to help your child or young adult gain poise and become confident with social etiquette? Manners Matter offers the “other voice” to convey the common courtesies that parents try to teach at home. We focus on teaching manners as a demonstration of kindness, consideration, and respect toward others.
Participants will learn the skills needed to help them navigate various social situations with ease and certainty.
Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Making introductions: self, friends, parents, etc…
- Starting conversations: with friends, adults…courteous communications
- Creating positive first impressions: appearance, body language, posture
- Navigating netiquette manners: technology and social media manners
- Put it in writing: invitations and thank-you notes
- What is good sportsmanship?: win or lose — showing respect
- Being a good friend: applying the “Golden Rule”
- Going places and doing things: theater, museum, sporting events, private clubs
- Dressing for the occasion: proper attire
- Practicing table manners: dining tips, proper table settings, use of utensils, food-finesse